Sempra Named to FTSE4Good Index Series for Sustainable Business Practices
Sustainability is central to Sempra's strategy and the company attributes its sustainable business practices to helping drive performance, capturing new opportunities and delivering long-term sustainable value for shareholders. The FTSE4Good Index Series recognized Sempra's strong performance across multiple themes including biodiversity, human rights and community and labor standards, awarding top scores for anti-corruption practices and corporate governance.
"The 20,000 high-performing employees across Sempra's family of companies embrace our vision to deliver energy with purpose, and this means upholding high standards and sustainable business practices," said
In 2022, the Sempra family of companies helped to advance a better future for stakeholders through:
- Continuing focus on strong governance and transparency with recognition as a Trendsetter by the 2022 CPA-Zicklin Index of Corporate Political Disclosure and Accountability,
- Advancing our safety-centric culture leading to an 18% decrease in employee lost work-time incidents in 2022 compared to 2021,
- Investing in local communities to strengthen economic prosperity, climate resilience and inclusion for customers and stakeholders — over
$40 millionin 2022,
- Prioritizing strategic purchasing from local small and diverse suppliers, with
$2.4 billionin goods and services from diverse suppliers including women, LGBTQ, service-disabled and minority-owned businesses by Sempra's Californiaand Texasutilities, and
- Advancing the company's energy transition action plan, including projects in battery storage, green hydrogen, climate resilience, carbon sequestration, wind and solar, and more.
Created by the global index and data provider FTSE Russell, the FTSE4Good Index Series is designed to measure the performance of companies demonstrating strong Environmental, Social and Governance practices. The
Sempra's inclusion on the FTSE4Good Index Series adds to the company's growing list of distinctions for sustainable business practices, including Fortune "World's Most Admired Companies,"
Learn more about Sempra's progress across its four key sustainability pillars — enabling the energy transition, driving resilient operations, achieving world-class safety and championing people — in its 15th annual corporate sustainability report: www.sempra.com/sustainability.
Sempra is a leading North American energy infrastructure company that helps meet the daily energy needs of nearly 40 million consumers. As the owner of one of the largest energy networks on the continent, Sempra is helping to electrify and decarbonize some of the world's most significant economic markets, including
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sempra-named-to-ftse4good-index-series-for-sustainable-business-practices-301909543.html
Media Contact: Katie Nieri, Sempra, (877) 340-8875, firstname.lastname@example.org; Financial Contact: Jenell McKay, Sempra, (877) 736-7727, email@example.com